Monday, August 10, 2009

Is It True?

(I'm interrupting my series on Health and Spirit to talk about something that popped up today. It addresses another topic I'll be writing on soon, so I'm going with it.)

I like Abraham. www.abraham-hicks.com, if you're not familiar. The first time I heard them, I was pleased, because they were talking about the truths I had known all my life, but was kind of afraid to talk about. And I thought, "Great! Someone else is talking about that, now I can too!" That was one of my inspirations for going where I am now.

Today, I received this quote from Abraham in my inbox. (You can subscribe to their daily wisdom, too.) What struck me as extraordinary about this one is the explanation of how a person can be very sure of something that is not actually true. It also explains why you might come up with results of your thoughts/prayers/manifesting efforts that don't seem right.

For example, let's say that things are simply not going your way. And you are thinking, "Why is this happening? I did a vision board, I am positive, I say affirmations, and I trust The Universe to deliver, but it didn't. I must not be doing it right." And you're not! Because, according to the teachings of Abraham (and my own), if your vibration is aligned with your desire, it must be delivered correctly.

Here's the quote:

"Flawed premises that you have picked up along your physical trail can fall by the wayside, one by one, and you can return to the understanding that is at the core of that which you are. (But in order to discover or understand a false or flawed premise, you have to stand back far enough and reconnect with who-you-really-are before you can see it.) If you were to hear a false premise again and again, until you yourself began to believe and repeat it, now your own activation of the contradictory Vibration would interfere with your own sense of intelligence, and you would begin to attract evidence of your lack of intelligence, in effect proving the false premise to be true. And so, it becomes increasingly hard for you to call this a 'false' premise when the evidence seems to be telling you that it is true, for over time you come to believe it is true."
--- Abraham

The evidence might be having a job or relationship that is unsatisfying, and it's easy to say, "Well, I must not be worthy of one that is satisfying." And why would you believe that? Because you have been told that over and over again.

Some of my clients will argue that point with me, and they say that they don't have any problem with feeling worthy of good experiences. But the evidence says otherwise. If dissatisfaction is evident in your experience, there's something holding you back!

There will be more on this.

Next time, back to Health and Spirit!

Until then, I remain
Your Friendly Global Mystic,
Susan K. Morrow
512-257-2737
susan@susankmorrow.com

No comments: