Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Got Ghosts?

Spooked!

A client called to tell me she had gotten a little spooked in her own house. She walked in after work and could just FEEL a presence there. At first, she was afraid there might be an intruder, but determined that wasn't the case. She felt like there was a spirit of some kind present and she felt at least a little fear and nervousness about it. As she lay in bed later, her heart was pounding and her imagination--now fueled by her concerns over the unknown spirit--turned the sound into footsteps!

I was glad she called me, because I was able to allay her fears and give her some pointers about dealing with spirits like that.

First of all, please be assured that there is nothing in the non-physical that can hurt you in the physical. So a spirit or "ghost" is not going to stab you or smother you in your sleep.

Second, usually, if you sense something that frightens you, it is a only manifestation of your own fear. It doesn't mean that there is not a spirit present, but it means that it is not the spirit that is frightening you--it's you. Truly, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

And third, if you are bothered by this presence, speak to it in love. Say something like, "God loves you" or "There is only love here" or even "I love you". In my personal experience, this has been an effective banishment to wayward and unwanted spirits. And yes, I have had my share of experiences with them!

Alternately, you can ask or tell the spirit that you are willing to help: "Is there something I can do for you? If so, please make it clear to me so that I can help you. If not, you may be excused." And then see what pops into your mind or if something in the room catches your attention.

This information, and quite a bit more, helped my client feel comfortable returning home the next day. If you need more info, you know where to find me!

Until next time, my friends,
y'all be good!
Susan K. Morrow
512-257-2737
www.SusanKMorrow.com
smorrow@sistermystic.com

No comments: